An eastern Iowa man is in trouble after a joy ride Saturday with a toddler. Forty-seven-year-old Drew Hammes of Bettendorf is facing several charges after allegedly allowing a two-year-old sit on his lap and steer his pickup. Witnesses say the truck was swerving, ran several stoplights and stop signs. Hammes is charged with child endangerment, assault of a police officer and several other charges. Officers says Hammes had the smell of alcohol on his breath, but refused a field sobriety test. The child was the grandson of Hammes’ girlfriend.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate GOP aims to eliminate state income tax
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker