If you plan on running in the Bix-7 road race in Davenport next month, you have several chances to test yourself on the course. Weekly training runs on the course will be held until early July. The first “Bix at Six” training run was held last Thursday.Nancy Kapheim, president of the Cornbelt Running Club in Davenport, says the practice gives runners a chance to test the course which includes Brady Street hill. She says the hill is at first intimidating, but she says you learn to handle it.Kapheim says many times the toughest part of the course is going DOWN Brady Street hill in the final stages of the race.Kapheim says the unique aspect of road racing is that the recreational runner can line-up next to world class competitors.The Bix-7 is July 21st.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!