Residents in a Davenport suburb are cleaning up today from last night’s tornado. The sound of a freight train rumbled through Blue Grass last night as the tornado bore down, but today the sounds of chain saws rip through the area. Bill Mitchell lives on one of the streets in Blue Grass hardest hit by the tornado, and he believes a second twister struck in a nearby wooded area. Mitchell lost five trees in his yard, and the gutters were ripped off his house. His neighbors lost their roofs.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature