Another bill winding its way through the legislature today would exempt your federal tax rebate from state taxes. The average tax rebate check’ll be about 300-dollars for an individual, and the state tax on that would have been 14 dollars. Representative Steve Sukup, a republican from Dougherty, says the state would have collected about 22 million dollars if action hadn’t been taken.Federal officials begin mailing tax rebate checks next month.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances
- Appeal denied for man convicted of murder outside Pisgah bar
- More people call for Woodbury County Supervisor to resign
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern