An eastern Iowa teenager involved in a fatal weekend accident is facing several alcohol-related charges.A car driven by 16-year-old Kristen Krogmann of Manchester went off a Delaware County road north Earlville early Sunday morning. One of the passengers in the car, 18-year-old Luke Lewin of Earlville, died from injuries received in the wreck. Another passenger, 18-year-old Douglas Scherbring of Manchester, and Krogmann were treated for minor injuries. The Delaware County Sheriff’s Department has charged Frogman with O-W-I, possession of alcohol under the legal age, having an open container of alcohol in her car, failure to maintain control, and a seatbelt violation. Scherbring was also charged with underage possession of alcohol, having an open container of alcohol in a car and a seatbelt violation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old