Senator Charles Grassley says it’s time to make “significant changes” in the Medicare system. Grassley and other members of the Senate Finance Committee will begin debate of the issue Monday.Grassley says he’ll work for a bipartisan agreement that would offer a prescription drug benefit through Medicare, and some sort of catastrophic illness coverage. Grassley also wants to reduce the “piles of confusing paperwork” doctors, hospitals and Medicare patients have to wade through. Grassley says he and other Iowa lawmakers are working to increase the reimbursement rates Iowa patients and health care providers get for Medicare patients. A recent study found Iowa’s Medicare reimbursement rate to be the lowest in the nation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!