Iowa Congressman Tom Latham says President Bush’s budget recommendation includes money for the changeover from fighter jets to tankers at the Sioux Gateway Airport.Latham says the budget proposal includes 27-million dollars, the full amount needed to pay for the conversion. Latham says securing the funding was a key point in the deal with the air force to make the changeover in Sioux City.The changeover could be completed in two to three years.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk