Northeast Iowa’s “maize maze” is back, after a year off. The cornfield attraction had to be canceled in 2000 because it was such a bad growing year.He says the corn’s a little behind but growing fast now. Country Heritage Community Project Director Peter Jorgensen says this summer the maize maze has moved to the Ridgeview Exotic Animal Ranch near Effigy Mounds in Allamakee County. In 1998, its first year, it was voted best new attraction by Iowa’s Tourism Department. This year its theme is Fort Atkinson and the corn’s planted and plowed in shapes of things linked to the historic fort. Starting today, the Maize Maze will be open Wednesdays through Sundays noon till dusk.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response