Wisconsin authorities took a teenager into custody this morning who is wanted for questioning in the shooting deaths of his father and his father’s girlfriend. The unidentified 14-year-old was thought to be headed for his mother’s home near Cedar Rapids, Iowa, but he was apprehended -peacefully- early today in Wisconsin. A spokeswoman for the Washburn County, Wisconsin, Sheriff’s Department says the boy was found, but would not say if he had been charged in the two killings.The bodies were found late yesterday in a barn in rural Shell Lake, Wisconsin. The boy had reportedly been calling in sick for both his father and the girlfriend at their places of business in Shell Lake. An employer got suspicious and called authorities. The shootings may have taken place Thursday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI
- Warm weather wakes up ticks, so wear insect repellant