An Oskaloosa man’s been found guilty a second time of abusing his girlfriend’s son. District Judge James Bloomgren found Clarence Yoe, Junior guilty of multiple acts of child endangerment for injuries to then two-year-old Frank Charbonneau, Junior. The defense accused the boy’s mother, Miranda Charbonneau, of not being a reliable witness since she cut a deal to testify against Yoe to get 40 years cut off her sentence. Yoe’s original conviction was thrown out as a jury determined Charbonneau’s testimony was not reliable, but Judge Bloomgren said he found the her testimony believable. Yoe will be sentenced September 28th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!