Des Moines-based Hy-Vee is recalling its store brand Children’s Cherry Pain Reliever in 4-ounce bottles. Ernie Schenk is spokesman for Perrigo Company, of Michigan, which makes the medicine for the grocery store chain.The lot number is 1-A-D-0228. Of the nearly 78-hundred bottles that are subject of the recall, Schenk says about 65-hundred have already been purchased by customers. The rest have been removed from shelves. Schenk says the liquid may have up to a 29-percent higher-than-labeled amount of acetaminophen. Too much of that ingredient can cause severe health problems, including liver failure. Schenk was unaware of anyone getting sick.For more information, call 800 321-0105.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight