The small northeast Iowa town of Littleport will soon cease to exist. The tiny town was damaged when the Volga River flooded in 1999. Buildings that belong to 25 property owners will be torn down and burned this fall. A grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency will pay for the demolition. A picnic area and boat landing will be developed at one end of the town’s only street and a campground will be located at the other end.A few homeowners won’t participate.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature