The trial of an Iowa man who allegedly kicked his neighbor’s dog to death begins in Burlington today. The trial of Raymond Peebler has gained nationwide attention and is being televised on the cable network “Court T-V.” Peebler’s neighbor John Wilt talked about the case on “Court T-V” today. He said Peebler has always been a mean neighbor who yelled at him and his kids.Jury selection is underway in the case this morning. Wilt said he just tried to ignore Peebler, and that seems to have made Peebler madder.Peebler’s accused of kicking Wilt’s Yorkshire terrier to death on June 17th. Peebler could get up to two years in prison if found guilty. Ironically, Court T-V is not offered by the cable provider, Mediacom, in the Burlington area.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight
- Historic West Liberty building moving today