Sioux City is a step closer to wrapping up all the details of funding for its “River’s Edge” development project. The city council has voted to issue 17-million dollars in bonds to go along with a 21-million dollar grant from the state “Vision Iowa” board.Mayor Marty Dougherty says the bonds will help pay for the events center portion of the project. Dougherty says it looks like the city will get a favorable rate on the bonds.Dougherty says the bonds have to be issued before the state will send the Vision Iowa money to the city.Dougherty says private money will help pay off the bond debt, and no property tax money will be used for that purpose.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk