A Missouri man and a teenager have been arrested in southeast Iowa while allegedly carrying loaded guns in a stolen car. Thirty-one-year-old Brent Hodson and 16-year-old Ashley Ruffin, both of Springfield, Missouri, were arrested Monday night in Oskaloosa. The car was reported stolen from Springfield on Sunday. Police say they found a loaded revolver and rifle inside the car. Both are charged with theft and carrying weapons in a school’s weapon-free zone. Ruffin was a runaway. She’s been taken to the juvenile detention center in Chariton while Hodson is being held in the Mahaska County Jail. If convicted, he faces up to 17 years in prison.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate OKs rules for plant or insect based proteins labeled as meat
- Northeast Iowa deputy awarded medal for bravery
- Federal appeals court rules on Iowa law banning school mask mandates
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email