President Bush has nominated a Des Moines lawyer to be U-S Attorney for the southern district of Iowa. Steve Colloton is a partner in a capital city law firm. He’s served as assistant U-S attorney for the northern district, and as an associate to Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr. Colloton’s nomination goes next before the senate judiciary committee which will schedule a confirmation hearing. The nominee for the U-S attorney’s post in the state’s NORTHERN district is Chuck Larson, Senior, who’s currently chair of the state parole board.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!