A Davenport man will go to prison for ten years after a fatal car accident. 21-year-old Joshua Eckhardt was charged with vehicular homicide after his car collided with another April 8th in Davenport. Police say Eckhardt was going 68 miles an hour in a zone that ranges from 35 to 45, then ran a red light. Three people were in the other car, including 22-month-old Jada Wilson, of Davenport, who died. The other two people were hurt. Eckhardt was fined five thousand dollars and is ordered to pay 150-thousand dollars in restitution to Wilson’s family.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk