Iowa Wesleyan College football coach Rick Moorman has resigned just two games into the season. Moorman was just starting his fifth season as the head coach and the Tigers are in the midst of a 14-game losing streak, including an 0-2 mark this season. Iowa Wesleyan athletic director Mike Hampton says the resignation came as a surprise despite the frustration with the lack of success of the program.Hampton has named assistants Eric Prins and Chris Oepping as interim co-head coaches for the remainder of the season and says they got to work right away.Hampton says a search for a permanent successor will begin but realizes a full-scale search may not be possible until the season is over.The Tigers have lost 21 of their last 22-games.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances
- Appeal denied for man convicted of murder outside Pisgah bar
- More people call for Woodbury County Supervisor to resign
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern