More charges are being filed against the Davenport man who’s accused in the June dragging death of an Illinois State Trooper. Counts of reckless homicide and failure to report an accident involving personal injury or death are filed against 20-year-old Jonathan Posey. He was already charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the dragging of Master Sergeant Stanley Talbot four blocks from a safety checkpoint and leaving the scene when Talbot fell from the car. A pursuing Rock Island officer in another car ran over the trooper but police say Talbot’s fall to the pavement is what killed him. Posey’s trial date has been moved from October 15th to December 10th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk