Every Iowa school district’s getting a new manual designed to prepare for a crisis, and perhaps prevent one from happening. Department of Education director Ted Stilwell is urging students, teachers and administrators to create a “value system” inside the school that promotes safety. He says people have to believe that they’re going to respect each other and take care of each other.While most episodes of school violence involve students inside the school, Stilwell says the “Leadership Handbook for Safe Schools” also contains contingency plans for “external threats”.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal