The Mayor of Aledo, Illinois, refuses to resign despite his arrest on a sex charge in Davenport on Sunday.63-year-old C-W “Red” Stancliff allegedly offered a woman 40-dollars if she’d allow him to perform oral sex on her. Stancliff and 46-year-old Sandra Summers-Boone of Davenport are charged with prostitution, a misdemeanor. Illinois law prohibits a public official from staying in office only if convicted of a felony. Stancliff has issued a statement saying he is sorry for any embarrassment he’s caused the residents of Aledo and he vows to stay in office “to carry out what the people have entrusted me to do as mayor.”Detectives say they followed Summers-Boone, who appeared to be soliciting. She drove to a parking ramp and Stancliff followed her in his van. When police moved in, both Summers-Boone and Stancliff were in the van, preparing to engage in a sex act. Stancliff is slated to appear in court December 5th. He’s also Aledo’s volunteer fire chief but that job may be up for discussion when the fire department’s board of trustees meets Friday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger