The first Iowa baby of 2002 is thought to have arrived at Mercy Hospital in Iowa City. Hospital spokeswoman Joanie Werle says the tiny girl came shrieking into the world about 90-minutes past midnight on January 1st.Alyssa Faye Kunz was eight pounds, three ounces, 21 inches long, born at 1:27 A-M on New Year’s Day. Her parents are Cara and Shawn Kunz of Williamsburg. Alyssa arrived 26 days early but is healthy. Werle says she should be able to go home tomorrow, her mother’s 27th birthday. It’s the Kunz’ third child. Werle says Alyssa was the hospital’s first baby of 2002, and perhaps the state’s.As for whether being the first baby to arrive in the New Year was among the mother’s desires, Werle says she talked to Mrs. Kunz, who said that was the farthest thing from her mind.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response