West Des Moines police have charged a man with first-degree murder after a predawn call to a home where they found a three-year-old boy dead. Sergeant Jim Barrett says 37-year-old Christopher Martin phoned 9-1-1 about four in the morning to report his son was “unresponsive.”Officers and medics performed C-P-R and took the child to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. An autopsy’s being performed today. In a tragic coincidence, the sergeant confirms the same house in a middle-class suburban neighborhood was the scene of a gruesome crime several years ago.On April 4, 1999 there was a double murder and suicide there. The current family may be the first residents of the home since then. Sergeant Barrett says the house was vacant and up for sale for a long time after the murder-suicide.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness