Several children were hurt when an Independence school bus flipped on its side Tuesday in Buchanan County.Authorities say the bus driver, 36-year-old Lisa Parizek, lost control of the bus at a rural intersection. 19 children were aboard. 15 of them were treated for minor injuries at the Independence hospital. Parizek was also treated for minor injuries and released. She was charged with failure to maintain control.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Grassley: Congress needs to stop ‘playing chicken’ with government funding
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat