Des Moines’s received some recognition that’s really “sweet.” The Hershey’s Chocolate company says when it comes to things like high rates of volunteerism, charming historical settings, and a clean environment, Des Moines is among the top five “sweetest spots” in America. The candy company also looked at factors from crime rates and per capita spending on recreational activities, to romantic settings like flower shops and fancy restaurants. Only Seattle, Boston, and Savannah, Georgia ranked higher. The Top 5 designation comes with a five thousand dollar check from Hershey’s for a local childcare and family outreach center.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa
- Fire damages buildings in downtown Webster City