Two women charged with operating a theft ring are appealing. A Luana woman and her daughter, convicted of stealing thousands of dollars in merchandise from a Decorah Wal-Mart store, have appealed their sentences to the Iowa Supreme Court. 51-year-old Ida Heinz and her 29-year-old daughter Patricia were both found guilty of third-degree theft in December, and earlier this month sentenced to two-year prison sentences and a 500-dollar fine, which were suspended. Both were also put on two years’ probation and ordered to undergo evaluation for possible gambling problems.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!