A northwestern Iowa man is dead after a traffic accident in Winnebago County. Authorities say 73-year-old Donald Kennedy of Armstrong was traveling on Highway 9 early Thursday morning when he parked his car and got out, about two miles east of Forest City. While standing in the travel portion of the roadway, state troopers say Kennedy was hit by a car driven by 22-year-old Travis Schissel of Spillville. Kennedy was pronounced dead at the scene. The accident is still under investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature