A short in an electrical line is believed to be the cause of a fire that caused 200-thousand dollars in damage to an eastern Iowa barn. Firefighters from Epworth, Centralia, Farley, Asbury and Dyersville battled the fire in rural Epworth at the Dave and Mary Hosch (Hush) farm. Strong winds fanned the flames in the barn and adjoining buildings that were full of hay. A Farley firefighter suffered a cut while fighting the fire. The barn was destroyed.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk