A Florida native who was attending college in northeast Iowa was killed in a weekend crash. The accident Saturday in Tennessee killed 21-year-old Philip Rodriguez, a Miami native, who was returning to Upper Iowa University from Spring Break in Florida. Two other U-I-U students were in the car, which was on the shoulder and hit from behind by another vehicle, a bread truck. Rodriguez was sleeping in the back seat of the car. The other two students were treated for their injuries. Authorities say the truck driver may’ve fallen asleep at the wheel, but the investigation is still underway.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards