A would-be bridge jumper in Davenport is in custody after either falling asleep or passing out instead of taking the plunge. Cops received a report yesterday afternoon that a man was on the I-280 bridge and about to commit suicide. Officers found an abandoned car, but no jumper. So they thought he was already in the Mississippi River. Then someone spotted the man under the bridge on a platform atop a support structure. He was either asleep or passed out and had to rescued byfirefighters. 39-year-old Gregory Hobert was taken to a hospital for examination. Clinton Police want him when he gets out on domestic assault and injury charges.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record