A man’s jailed in Dallas County after leading a high-speed chase from Des Moines last night. It began about ten last night near Booneville, when Dallas County authorities tried to stop a minivan driven by Michael Pritchard of Des Moines. The officers say he took off at speeds up to 100 miles an hour. His van went through a cornfield and a fence about ten miles west of Adel before deputies caught up with him. Pritchard’s in the Dallas County jail in Adel, charged with reckless driving, criminal mischief, eluding a police officer, failing to obey a stop sign, and speeding. His bond is just under 17-thousand dollars.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!