A Pella man was killed in a car-versus-semi accident this morning on Highway 163 in Marion County.Sixty-two-year-old Terry Owens of Pella passed a semi on the stretch of highway. Once in front of the truck, though, officers say Owens tried to slow down or stop and was struck from behind by the semi. Owen’s vehicle rolled, and he was ejected. The driver of the semi, 32-year-old David Summers of Missouri, was not injured.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot