A portion of U-S Highway 61 in Scott County was closed for a time Sunday while troopers investigated a single-vehicle accident. Fifty-three-year-old Connie Hoyle of Milan, Illinois, died when her S-U-V rolled and burst into flames about a mile north of Eldridge. A state trooper enroute to another call came upon the crash. Police believe Hoyle was northbound when her S-U-V dropped off the highway. Investigators say it appears she over-corrected when she came back onto the roadway. Her vehicle rolled across the median and onto the southbound lanes of Highway 61. She died at the scene.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards