A registered sex offender is back in a Quad Cities jail after an alleged attack. 34-year-old Keith Wolf of Moline, Ill., was taken into custody yesterday by Scott County (Iowa) deputies. He was charged with assault with a weapon and being a felon in possession of a firearm. Deputies were called to a rural Scott County home about 9 a.m. Thursday. They found a woman there who told them she had been the victim of an attempted sexual assault. Deputies say the woman identified her attacker, an acquaintance. They say the man struck her and threatened her with a handgun. They say she jumped from a moving pickup truck to escape. She was treated and released from the hospital.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport