A family man from the eastern Iowa town of DeWitt may soon be advertising the legalization of marijuana on his shaved head. 39-year-old Jeff Swanson, the married father of four boys, put advertising space on his head up for auction on eBay on July 25th. The auction ends Monday. A bidder from Michigan, who has not been named, has agreed to Swanson’s minimum bid of $100,000. The Des Moines Register is reporting today that the bidder says in an e-mail that he is thinking of having the words “Legalize It,” along with a marijuana leaf, tattooed on Swanson’s head. In the meantime, Swanson, who works at a door company in Davenport, is getting lots of publicity. He is scheduled to appear on the Today show both Saturday and Monday. But as for the bid, he’s taking a wait-and-see attitude. He says he doubts the bidder will actually come up with the money.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges