Iowa Congressman Greg Ganske is blasting his opponent in the November Senate race for holding up the nomination of Iowan Thomas Dorr to the U-S Ag Department. Ganske, a republican, says Democrat Senator Tom Harkin did all he could to keep the Dorr nomination from moving forward, says that for over a year Harking “slow walked” this.Ganske says Harkin attacked Dorr for some of the very things Harkin has done.Ganske says Harkin failed to disclose several hundred thousand dollars of stock options on his own financial disclosure statements.Ganske says it begs the question as to whether Harkin is applying one standard to Dorr, and another to himself. Ganske says Harkin should’ve realized the position is important to Iowa and give a fellow Iowan a break.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill