Iowa’s Transportation Department and the Concrete Paving Association hosted a reception this week for a resurfacing project on Highway 13 in northern Delaware County. The D-O-T’s Jim Grove says the stretch of highway was chosen to test an experimental paving technique: thin, unbonded overlay. He says Highway 13 was due to be rehabilitated and had the kind of surface they wanted for the research project. The nine and-a-half mile stretch of highway between Manchester and Edgewood should re-open to traffic by Friday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime