The Coe College football team hopes to take another step this season and contend for the Iowa Conference championship. Coach Eric Raeburn has a host of veterans back from last year’s squad that finished 6-4. Raeburn says he’s been focusing on special teams, as he has a new kicker and punter this season. Several close losses kept Coe from having a great season in 2001. That also makes the team hopeful for this season. Raeburn says the team will have to win four or five close games in order to contend for the conference title. Raeburn says the experience of last season should be a plus this fall, as he’s seeing his team’s confidence grow. Coe opens the season on September 14 against Eureka of Illinois.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!