A man linked to a child’s accidental shooting in Council Bluffs has turned himself in.Council Bluffs police say two young boys found a loaded twelve-gauge shotgun in their grandfather’s house, and dragged it outside to where they were playing with friends. The four-year-old and seven-year-old may have struggled over the gun, which went off, seriously wounding 7-year-old Cheyenne Tague. She remains hospitalized, two weeks after the incident. Now the grandfather, 60-year-old Charles Palen, has turned himself in and reportedly will face charges of child endangerment and allowing minors to have access to a firearm.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!
- Audit shows thousands in questionable spending at Webster Co. Health Dep’t
- House bill bolsters Iowa’s open meetings, open records law