The family of a man who died at the V-A Hospital in Knoxville has won its case against the facility. After being found wandering nearby, 51-year-old Bill Thayer was admitted to the Knoxville V-A in mid-1999. He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. After less than a week, the hospital says Thayer was involved in a fight with several employees after being denied a cigarette. It took several orderlies to subdue him and two reportedly sat on his back for a few minutes, during which he stopped breathing — and later died. Now, Thayer’s family is being awarded more than 192-thousand dollars in damages.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit - Radio Iowa
An archival photography project at the University of Northern Iowa has landed a federal grant to help its users ...
Home test - Radio Iowa
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke - Radio Iowa
The wildfire smoke from Canada is back over Iowa once again. Brian Hutchins at the DNR Air Quality Bureau says ...
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud - Radio Iowa
The Sioux and Lyon County Sheriff Departments are working with local police trying to identify individuals involved ...