Iowa and other states have the manufacturer of the popular George Foreman grill on the ropes for alleged antitrust violations. Bob Brammer, spokesman for Iowa’s Attorney General, says Salton Incorporated committed the violations in selling the grill endorsed by the boxer.He says they tried to stifle price-cutting and competition to keep the price of their product up. Brammer says the company has already responded to the legal action.He says the company has agreed to pay eight million dollars in damages, and stop from doing the same thing in the future. Brammer’s not sure how much of the money will come to Iowa. He says it’s likely Iowa’s share of the settlement would be one-percent, or 80-thousand dollars. The money would be given to a charitable organization if the settlement were approved.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk