Two young Des Moines brothers fell to their deaths from a pickup truck over the weekend. Mark and Fredrick Scott were nine and ten years old and apparently fell out while their uncle was driving them to the dump to help him get rid of tree limbs from a recent storm. 41-year-old Richard Milsap faces several charges including homicide by motor vehicle, driving while barred and driving without insurance. Relatives say police threw the book at Milsap because he was acquitted in murder cases both in 1988 and ’98. Police say it -is- legal to carry passengers in a pickup bed but not with a large load, as Milsap was apparently doing on Saturday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal