Child endangerment charges are filed against a Storm Lake woman. Police say two children, ages 11 and 13, were left alone in a Storm Lake home for eight days while their mother allegedly went cross-country trucking with a male companion. Investigators say the kids were left with a baseball bat and a dog for protection. The children are in protective custody. 38-year-old Cynthia Lumsden was arrested in Storm Lake on Friday upon her return and is held on 13-thousand dollars bond.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk