The Des Moines man who’s charged in the weekend deaths of two young nephews was arrested again on Monday. 41-year-old Richard Milsap has been convicted of driving while his license is revoked, suspended or barred eight times in the past five years. Police charged him again yesterday after spotting Milsap behind the wheel in Des Moines. He’s currently barred from driving until 2008. On Saturday, Milsap was charged with homicide by motor vehicle, and other offenses, after the two boys fell out of the back of Milsap’s pickup truck while he was hauling a load of tree limbs to the dump. Mark and Fredrick Scott were nine and ten years old. Relatives say police threw the book at Milsap because he’s been arrested –and acquitted– in murder cases in 1988 and ’98.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record