A northwest Iowa volunteer firefighter died in a fire in his own home today. 44-year-old Charles Peterson was found in an upstairs bedroom when firefighters responded to a fire at his home in Graettinger. Graettinger fire chief Wayne Anderson says Peterson was a veteran member of the Graettinger department. The state fire marshal has been called in to determine the cause of the fire, and an autopsy’s being conducted. Chief Anderson say the fire gutted the home.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature