Two players who grew up in the shadow of Kinnick stadium will return wearing cardinal and gold this week. Defensive back Nick Linder played at Iowa City high school. He says the game means more for the team overall than it does for him.Linder says he expects to hear from a number of his high school buddies this week, as everyone has an opinion on the game. He says he just lets the jokes about Iowa State slide and goes about his business.Cyclone punt returner Todd Miller is a native of Mount Pleasant, and says he lived in “Hawkeye Country,” but still gets support from his community.Miller says every game is important but this game has added meaning, as there’s lots of emotion even for the players just standing on the field.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal