More charges are filed in the drive-by shooting death of a Wisconsin girl who was attending a family celebration in eastern Iowa. Davenport police have charged two men for going armed with intent and terrorism with intent for firing in retaliation for a drive-by shooting. Police say 35-year-old Charles Miller of Chicago and his brother, Albert Miller of Davenport, fired at least six shots at seven men on July 21st. The seven, who are under arrest, allegedly had fired earlier on the Millers and others during a drive-by shooting at an outdoor wedding reception. 9-year-old Deanna Shipp of Madison, Wisconsin was killed. Charles Miller also is charged with stealing a car that belonged to one of the men he was shooting at.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!