The Iowa Hawkeyes close out their pre-conference schedule at home against Utah State on Saturday. The Hawkeyes will likely be without safety Bob Sanders who suffered a sprained foot in Saturday’s loss to Iowa State.Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says Sanders bounces back quickly, but he probably won’t play this week. He says he was pleased with the effort but hopes his team learns from the mistakes made in the third quarter against the Cyclones. He says they’re going to be in more close games and have to learn to how to handle them.Iowa’s secondary has been giving up a lot of passing yards so far but Ferentz is confident that unit will make strides.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws