A trucker died in an accident along Interstate-80 in central Iowa overnight. Westbound Interstate-80 was closed for five hours just east of Dexter overnight. A semi carrying mustard ran into the columns of an overhead bridge and burst into flames at about 11:30. The driver was killed. Nighttime traffic was really clogged — while the west side of the Interstate was closed, the eastbound side of I-80 was restricted to just one lane. Witnesses saw the semi drifting across the highway before it crashed into the bridge, and investigators suspect the driver fell asleep.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk