A Sac County man has been arrested in connection with a bomb threat in Carroll County earlier this week.According to the Carroll police department, 18-year-old Brandon Wehde of Early was arrested Tuesday afternoon and charged with filing a false report of an explosive device. Wehde allegedly called the Sac County Sheriff’s Department Monday afternoon…saying a bomb had been planted in a building along highway 30 at Carroll, housing Midwest Cleaners and the Sitel Corporation, a telemarketing firm. That building was evacuated along with a nearby apartment complex and a day-care center. Highway 30 was closed for nearly three hours until police could complete the search of the building with the help of a bomb-sniffing dog. If convicted, Wehde faces a prison term of up to five years and a fine of up to 75-hundred dollars. Wehde is being held in the Carroll County Jail pending arraignment.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk